Papa's birthday but no papa...

Each February when the quite a huge portion of the modern civilization gets busy with the now famous week to celebrate love... My heart goes into a different realm... I start missing my papa even more in anticipation of his birth date on the 16th February... 
Fathers are the base, strength and support to the family. A person remains a child, a carefree happy child , even if he is into his 60s, if his father is alive. But the day we lose our father,  we grow up. At the death of one's fathers, Life takes a whole new meaning. It becomes your biggest adversary. You feel a vaccume inside. You try to search , seek , fill this vaccum but alas, God has his ways. This is one position no one can take in one's life.  
And then comes the moment of truth. We realise we are a part of our father and we need to live the rest of our lives by remembering all the teachings , all the lessons  he spent his life endeavouring to teach us. 
Yes that was what his life was about. He endeavoured to provide for us, to teach us the tricks around this world, to give us strength to endure the hardships, and to make us the human beings who should eventually be able to live, even without him, when he is gone. 
Today, as every year, I miss him more. His memories, his teachings, his love fills my heart and that's what I will live with. Whenever I am stuck, I try to think what would dad have done, how would he have reacted, how would he have managed and then I get the strength and wisdom he passed on to me. I always live my life by the standards he taught me so when it's time for me to go, and I meet him up there, I hope I meet a proud papa who says you have been a good girl my baby. 
Now I don't fear death as it is what will take me to my papa. Dreams our my favourite place to be,  cause that's the world where I meet him now. So today on 16th of February, I miss him, I think of him and cherish his memories. Love you dad. Some divine day, when it's my time, I will come to you and then I will make tea for you.. green tea. 
I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

holi... the colors and the splash...

बिन कहानी की कविता